Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Isaiah 27:4

Copyright Ó 2015 J. Neely
Isaiah 27:4

4 Fury [chemah] is not in me: who would set [nathan] the briers [shamiyr] and thorns [shayith] against me in battle [milchamah]? I would go [pasa`] through them, I would burn [tsuwth] them together [yachad].   KJV-Interlinear

4 I have no wrath. Would that I had thorns and briers to battle! I would march against them, I would burn them up together.   ESV

The very nature of God is not in fury or wrath or anger or judgment, but by the nature of people and their failure and rejection of truth, then God is left with no option but to correct the flaws and failures and transgressions that they cause.

To set the briars and thorns against God is to set oneself against God, to array oneself in battle against God.

The result is total defeat for the transgressor.

God is undefeatable.  Truth is undefeatable.

Evil will never win.  Evil will never survive.