Copyright 2016 J. Neely
32 For the turning away [mashuwbah] of the simple [pathiy] shall slay [harag] them, and the prosperity [shalvah] of fools [kaciyl] shall destroy ['abad] them. KJV-Interlinear
32 For the simple are killed by their turning away, and the complacency of fools destroys them; ESV
We have studied previously, that the simple, is a term that typically relates to those who are naïve of Bible doctrine. Bible doctrine is truth, and lacking doctrine means lacking truth. And lacking truth means lacking understanding. And lacking understanding means that you do not have a clue as to what’s going on in life.
Fools, is a term that typically relates to those people who see all of the facts, but choose against them.
And whether you are simple, and indifferent, or whether you are a fool, and proactively arrogant, the end result will be the same.
Most people in the world, which we are almost 8 billion strong, live in poverty levels. Less than 1% of 1% can claim millionaire or billion or status. Less than 5% can claim middle or upper income status. That leaves 95%, give or take, of the entire worlds population, who are poor or worse than poor.
The odds against you in this world, are great. And even if you have the luck of being in the right place at the right time, you still have to battle for your position and rank in life.
No matter what your success or failure is in life, in this world, your worldly priorities, will be your undoing.
Ignore God, and focus on the world only, and you are pursuing a course of disaster.
Ignore God, and focus on the world only, and you still have a slim chance of some semblance of success, which will be temporary at best.
The worst possible scenario in life, is to ignore God, fail in life and be poor, and end up with an absolutely meaningless life.
Following close behind that, is to ignore God, have some semblance of worldly success, but still come to the end of your life, with a meaningless life.
Pursuing God, and your spiritual life, is the only way to have meaning and purpose and success both now and forever. And the circumstances of your life are irrelevant, because your relationship with God, if you develop it, will present you with success for all of eternity.
Study [by instruction],
to show thyself approved [spiritually mature]
a workman [student]
that need not be ashamed [ignorant],
rightly dividing [learning, understanding, discerning]
the word of truth [Bible doctrine].
If you can dream and not make dreams your master,
If you can think and not let thoughts narrow your views,
If you can meet triumph with disaster equally,
If you can learn and see your full meaning and purpose in life,
Then you can believe in Christ, learn Bible doctrine, and grow far beyond the potential that God has prepared for you.
These studies are a part of the massive daily study web site at DailyBibeStudy.Org, and are written, so that you can come to Christ if you have not done so already, and therefore not be lost forever.
And if you have already believed in Christ, then these studies are written so you can learn and understand and grow in your spiritual life, so that you can come to the full knowledge of Christ, so that you can fulfill your meaning and purpose in life as God intended for you, and so you can qualify for a phenomenal eternal reward which you will have forever. To ignore this opportunity to pursue a daily study means you will be incomplete, unfulfilled and you will lose out, big time.
The Daily Bible Study is online, making it possible as never before in all of human history, to advance in ones relationship with God, through Christ, and to complete yourself beyond your imagination.
But you have to decide to make that commitment. No one else can study for you. You have to do that yourself.